Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10111
eCommerce and the Ever Evolving Face of Fraud: Fighting Back with Big Data and AI
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
at the offices of Deloitte
30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112
At this event we will explore new emerging approaches criminals are using to perpetrate payment fraud in the e-commerce channel, including
- Rising tide of synthetic identity fraud and account take-over
- Artificial Intelligence: is machine learning pushing fraudsters to new approaches? Are criminals using AI?
- Battling the bots
Followed by a lively discussion of the various fraud mitigation approaches, is there one winning formula?
- Rules-based detection – when do these systems break down?
- Big data/Artificial intelligence/machine learning – is there a downside? Are manual reviews needed?
- Layered risk scoring
- Biometrics and multi-layered identify verification
- Guaranteed fraud protection
- Mining the learnings of false positives
- Balancing frictionless commerce with fraud protection
- Fraud mitigation data sharing
With special thanks to our sponsor:
And special thanks to annual sponsor:
Partner, PayGility Advisors
Deborah Baxley is an international mobile/cards payment consultant, recognized expert in the industry, creator of growth strategies for new and existing markets with more than 20 years’ experience consulting to cards and payment companies. She specializes in retail financial services, mobile payments, credit cards, technology strategy and business model development.
Through her work in fifteen countries, she has advised issuers, acquirers, networks and processors on product direction and competitive positioning, delivering millions of dollars in new revenue or operating cost savings. As board member of Smart Card Alliance, member US Federal Reserve Faster Payments Taskforce, co-founder of NYPAY and through frequent keynote speaking and writing, she is recognized for insights on the future of retail payments.
Some of her most recent articles include “Blockchain’s Disruption of Banking Has Already Begun,” in PaymentSource, and “Apple Pay, a catalyst for the contactless industry” in TechRadar. She is a featured expert on NPR Marketplace.
Managing Director, Deloitte Consulting
Trust & Safety Architect, Sift Science
VP of Marketing, Signifyd
If you are unable to attend, all fees will be refunded. Refund requests must be received in writing, prior to 24 hours after the event. Please send refund requests to [email protected]
Networking & Drinks